Winter Guide to Botanical Treasure Hunting
Winter Botanical Treasure Hunting Guide
Updated: Nov 10, 2020
Whether it's your first time botanical treasure hunting with us or you're coming back from more, you'll find some useful tips and info to help get you prepared for the next big hunt!
It may be a bit wordy, but we want to make sure you're prepared for the botanical treasure frenzy that ensues a much anticipated restock. If you haven't already discovered the growing plant crazy community we have here in Canada, you'll soon find out!
What to expect:
We'll have a trove of botanical treasures of all sorts available when we go live following a restock. Some that have been available in previous restocks and some completely new!
We do our darndest to stock as many of each gem as possible to give you the best chance at adding it to your collection. Regardless, many of these items are in high demand and limited in numbers so they do tend to sell out quickly, in some cases in minutes.
Believe me when I say, we were floored when we saw how fast some items sold out in previous restocks (as you may have heard through the grapevine or from friends) and equally disappointed for those who were unable to check out with wishlist items in time. We are doing our very best to continue to make these gems available repeatedly until demand is met, but to try to help save some disappointment we want to be clear on expectation.
Many describe the restocks as a rush and exhilarating but it can also be overwhelming and disappointing if you go in without the right expectation. We understand this is not the ideal shopping experience for everybody and have been exploring other options, but due to many of our items' popularity it is currently difficult to skirt around.
If you don't happen to snag you wishlist plant(s) don't be discouraged, there will be more opportunities in the future and we will continue to implement product limits to give more people a chance to add to their collections until the "frenzy" settles.
Well, that settles that! That was the long winded version of: Restocks are fast paced and full of botanical treasures!
But don't stop reading now or you'll miss out on the good stuff! To find out some key tips to help develop your botanical treasure hunting strategy and get informed keep on going...
The best approach to a botanical treasure hunt is to have a game plan so here are some key factors to consider when devising your plan of attack! I'll make this bullet form so it's easier to take notes...
- Knowledge is power.
- Ok, maybe a little dramatic, but we certainly encourage you to become informed consumers. Navigate through our website and get to know our policies so you know what we offer and what we don't when you place an order with us. You'll find all the important links in our Footer at the bottom of this page.
- Items in your cart are NOT reserved until checked out and paid for.
- It's silly, I know. In the real world, you'd have to be pretty bold to walk up to somebody's cart and snag it from within the safe zone, but this isn't a feature that is easily fixed as both my parents barely know where the period is on a keyboard and I went to school for something very unrelated to computer coding.
- Again to be very clear: Items can still sell out while in your cart, the only way to truly secure item(s) in your cart is to check out and process payment.
- Create an account with us/Review your account details
- You don't have to have an account with us to place an order, but having one can expedite your check out process as your personal information should already be entered and payment info is all that's left to do. To create an account click here.
- If you already have an account, make sure you review your account details prior to the restock to avoid address errors or any other mishap that could affect your service after the an order is placed.
- Make a botanical treasure hunting map!
- Save yourself some valuable time but creating your wishlist prior to the restock going live.
- The day before our restock goes live, we'll be posting on our Facebook and Instagram Stories the list of plants that will be available at opening! This way you can create your very own, personalized botanical treasure hunting map!
- *Whispers* Two words: Search bar.
- There is a search function built into our website that could save you precious time (depending on what you're hunting for).
- Look for the magnify glass in the top right hand corner of the page...
- Product Limits Exist!
- Product limits are there to deter resellers and give you a chance to claim a gem for your collection, but they can slow you down if you're not careful.
- In the description of the product you will see an indication if there is a product limit of 1 or 2 for that particular product. If you somehow add more than the indicated number to your cart, you will not be allowed to check out until you've correct your cart quantity.
- If there is no indication, purchase to your heart's content.
- For more details regarding product limits click here
- NO SHIPPING AVAILABLE FOR PLANTS
- For the safety of the plants we do not offer winter shipping, so restock over the colder months are reserved for those who are able to arrange pick up only.
- You will not see the option to ship when checking out unless you are only purchasing dry goods but Plantrunz could be an option for you if you can't pick up! Click here for more details
- Have your method of payment ready!
- We accept our Gift cards,Mastercard and Visa as payment methods through our website.
- If you are unable to pay via Mastercard or Visa, you can purchase a Gift Card prior to the restock going live via E-transfer. Just send me an email and I can help set you up.
- Take the road less travelled
- Steer clear of the trending plants and give the underdogs a chance.
- There is generally a buzz for certain plants, but we've got so many different gems looking to find new homes, each is special in their own way. You'll also greatly increase your odds of making it to the checkout with your cart unscathed...
- Treat it like a game
- You win some, you lose some. You may secure your wish lists items and come out feeling like a winner and you may not, but at the end of the day as long as your heart's still beating and lungs' are still breathing; life is good.
- We plan to have restocks throughout the year so there will be more chances in store for you, not to mention there will be something new each time.
Treasure Hunt Day
On the day of the hunt, there are a few key items to note:
- Go time/Hunt day
- The Website will be "Down" the day of the Hunt, while we we get the site ready.
- When it is time for the Botanical Treasure Hunt to begin, the page lock will be removed so you can access the website. No Password required to enter, just refresh your web browser!
- Checking out Errors
- Exceeding set product limits or sold out product can prompt check out errors.
- Should an item sell out before you make it through the check out, you will be notified and the item will be removed from your cart.
- If you are over a product limit, you will be required to adjust your cart quantity to check out.
- If we had more to offer, we would have listed it, so unfortunately there is not much more we can do for you. You'll have to decide at this point to continue with your order to secure what is left in your cart, try to go back for something different, or try again another time.
The hunt is over and you can finally sigh a breath of relief! Our hope is, whether or not your list is complete, that you were able to secure some botanical treasures to look forward to. But there are still a few things to do and know after placing your order:
- Confirm receipt of confirmation email
- Immediately/shortly after successfully placing an order with us you should receive a confirmation email with your order details. If you do not see this email, check your junk mail. If you still do not see this email reach out to us, so we can look into your order/account and ensure you receive other important updates regarding your order down the road (ie. Order updates/shipment details)
- Review you Order details
- It can be a bit of a frenzy when checking out and mistakes can happen so to avoid any extra processing delays or added fees double/triple check your order details!
- If you require shipping (available for dry goods only during the winter) the $20 shipping fee should have been selected/applied on your first or only order. Insufficient shipping funds will result in delayed order processing. If you happen to notice you didn't select the right order retrieval method just send us an email and I can help get this sorted so your order can ship when it is time.
- CHECK YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS (If getting dry goods shipped)! If adjustments are required please send an email.
- Incomplete shipping address that result in address corrections are subject to additional charges.
- If you are shipping your parcel to a Store front/business be sure to indicate the company name, otherwise some carriers will not complete delivery and will levy additional charges.
- Be patient
- I know after such a rush, you'll be excited to meet your new CSN gems, but we receive an overwhelming number of orders during these restocks. Several factors affect our lead times getting orders out to you including limited staff
- Orders can take a few weeks to process depending on when you placed your order and the number of orders we received
- Got an inquiry or concern?
- Send me an email, but be patient for a response. I'm the only one who answers ALL of our email and social media communications. I'll get back to you as soon as I possibly can, it just might take a little bit of time before I get to you.
- Pick up Policy in effect
- All order pick ups require a booking time. Once we have prepared your order, you will receive an email with a link to book your pick up time.
- You'll have 10 days from the day the email is issued to pick up, your order, following that there is a $2/day extra care fee to hold your order.
Well there you have it! The ultimate winter botanical treasure hunting guide!
Happy botanical treasure hunting,