Guide to Botanical Treasure Hunting
Whether it's your first time botanical treasure hunting with us or you're coming back from more, you'll find some useful tips and info to help get you prepared for the next big hunt!
It may be a bit wordy, but we want to make sure you're prepared for the botanical treasure frenzy that ensues a much anticipated restock. If you haven't already discovered the growing plant crazy community we have here in Canada, you'll soon find out!
What to expect:
We'll have a trove of botanical treasures of all sorts available when we go live following a restock. Some that have been available in previous restocks and some completely new!
We do our darndest to stock as many of each gem as possible to give you the best chance at adding it to your collection. Regardless, many of these items are in high demand and limited in numbers so they do tend to sell out quickly, in some cases in minutes.
Believe me when I say, we were floored when we saw how fast some items sold out in previous restocks (as you may have heard through the grapevine or from friends) and equally disappointed for those who were unable to check out with wishlist items in time. We are doing our very best to continue to make these gems available repeatedly until demand is met, but to try to help save some disappointment we want to be clear on expectation.
Many describe the restocks as a rush and exhilarating but it can also be overwhelming and disappointing if you go in without the right expectation. We understand this is not the ideal shopping experience for everybody and have been exploring other options, but due to many of our items' popularity it is currently difficult to skirt around.
If you don't happen to snag you wishlist plant(s) don't be discouraged, there will be more opportunities in the future and we will continue to implement product limits to give more people a chance to add to their collections until the "frenzy" settles.
Well, that settles that! That was the long winded version of: Restocks are fast paced and full of botanical treasures!
But don't stop reading now or you'll miss out on the good stuff! To find out some key tips to help develop your botanical treasure hunting strategy and get informed keep on going...
The best approach to a botanical treasure hunt is to have a game plan so here are some key factors to consider when devising your plan of attack! I'll make this bullet form so it's easier to take notes...
- Knowledge is power.
- Ok, maybe a little dramatic, but we certainly encourage you to become informed consumers. Navigate through our website and get to know our policies so you know what we offer and what we don't when you place an order with us. You'll find all the important links in our Footer at the bottom of this page.
- Items in your cart are NOT reserved until checked out and paid for.
- It's silly, I know. In the real world, you'd have to be pretty bold to walk up to somebody's cart and snag it from within the safe zone, but this isn't a feature that is easily fixed as both my parents barely know where where the period is on a keyboard and I went to school for something very unrelated to computer coding.
- Again to be very clear: Items can still sell out while in your cart, the only way to truly secure item(s) in your cart is to check out and process payment.
- Create an account with us/Review your account details
- You don't have to have an account with us to place an order, but having one can expedite your check out process as your personal information should already be entered and payment info is all that's left to do.
- If you already have an account, make sure you review your account details prior to the restock to avoid address errors or any other mishap that could affect your service after the an order is placed.
- Make a botanical treasure hunting map!
- Save yourself some valuable time but creating your wishlist prior to the restock going live.
- The day before our restock goes live, we'll be posting on our Facebook and Instagram Stories the list of plants that will be available at opening! This way you can create your very own, personalized botanical treasure hunting map!
- *Whispers* Two words: Search bar.
- There is a search function built into our website that could save you precious time (depending on what you're hunting for).
- Look for the magnify glass in the top right hand corner of the page...
- Product Limits Exist!
- Product limits are there to deter resellers and give you a chance to claim a gem for your collection, but they can slow you down if you're not careful.
- In the description of the product you will see an indication if there is a product limit of 1 or 2 for that particular product. If you somehow add more than the indicated number to your cart, you will not be allowed to check out until you've correct your cart quantity.
- If there is no indication, purchase to your heart's content.
- For more details regarding product limits click here
- We can combine orders for $10/order
- To help you save on multiple shipping fees, you will see the option to "Add on order to previous" for $10 when selecting your shipping method at check out.
- But only select this option if you meet the following criteria:
- Full shipping paid/collected for one of the orders that are to be combined
- Add-on orders are placed by the same individual and shipped to the same address
- Previous order has not yet been prepared and processed for shipping
- Have your method of payment ready!
- We accept our Gift cards,Mastercard and Visa as payment methods through our website.
- If you are unable to pay via Mastercard or Visa, you can purchase a Gift Card prior to the restock going live via E-transfer. Just send me an email and I can help set you up.
- Take the road less travelled
- Steer clear of the trending plants and give the underdogs a chance.
- There is generally a buzz for certain plants, but we've got so many different gems looking to find new homes, each is special in their own way. You'll also greatly increase your odds of making it to the checkout with your cart unscathed...
- Treat it like a game
- You win some, you lose some. You may secure your wish lists items and come out feeling like a winner and you may not, but at the end of the day as long as your heart's still beating and lungs' are still breathing; life is good.
- We plan to have restocks throughout the year so there will be more chances in store for you, not to mention there will be something new each time.
Treasure Hunt Day
On the day of the hunt, there are a few key items to note:
- Timezone Reminder
- Remember all of the times we announce our in eastern standard time. If you live in a different time zone, make sure to account for this
- Go time
- No passwords are necessary to start shopping, see products or collections. Everything is set on a timer to go live at the time specified, so just refresh your page to access the goods.
- Checking out Errors
- If at check out you are prompted with a notice that an item or more is no longer available, it means that it has already sold out.
- If we had more to offer, we would have listed it, so unfortunately there is not much more we can do for you. You'll have to decide at this point to continue with your order to secure what is left in your cart, try to go back for something different, or try again another time.
The hunt is over and you can finally sigh a breath of relief! Our hope is, whether or not your list is complete, that you were able to secure some botanical treasures to look forward to. But there are still a few things to do and know after placing your order:
- Confirm receipt of confirmation email
- Immediately/shortly after successfully placing an order with us you should receive a confirmation email with your order details. If you do not see this email, check your junk mail. If you still do not see this email reach out to us, so we can look into your order/account and ensure you receive other important updates regarding your order down the road (ie. Order updates/shipment details)
- Special order requests/Shipping requests
- There is a section in the shopping cart of our website just prior to checking out to leave a note with your order if necessary, but if you didn't have time just send me an email and I'll add it for you afterwards.
- Orders will be shipped out using a method with an estimated transit time of 4 days or less by default. If you would prefer to upgrade your shipping and cover the additional fee, leave a note with your order and send an email so we can reach out to you when your order is ready to be processed.
- Be patient
- I know after such a rush, you'll be excited to meet your new CSN gems, but we receive an overwhelming number of orders during these restocks. Several factors affect our lead times getting orders out to you including limited staff and shipping on Monday-Wednesday of each week only(excluding holidays and Wednesday only to the GTA). But the most contributing factor is the care that is put into packaging EVERY order; this isn't a step we are willing to sacrifice.
- Orders can take 1-6 weeks to process depending on when you placed your order, the number of orders we receive and the weather, but you can rest assured your order is in good hands until we can get it out to you.
Well there you have it! The ultimate botanical treasure hunting guide!
Happy botanical treasure hunting,