Updated April 2, 2023 (If you read this before then, it's worth it to have another glance for any changes/adjustments to the process)
Whether it's your first time botanical treasure hunting with us or you're coming back from more, you'll find some useful tips and info to help get you prepared for the next big hunt!
It may be a bit wordy, but we want to make sure you're prepared for the botanical treasure frenzy that ensues a much anticipated botanical treasure hunt. If you haven't already discovered the growing plant crazy community we have here in Canada, you'll soon find out!
What to expect:
We'll have a trove of botanical treasures of all sorts available when we go live for a botanical treasure hunt event. Some that have been available in previous restocks and some completely new!
We do our darndest to stock as many of each gem as possible to give you the best chance at adding it to your collection. Regardless, many of these items are in high demand and limited in numbers so they do tend to sell out quickly, in some cases in minutes and occasionally within the minute.
Believe me when I say, we were and still are floored when we see how fast some items can sell out during the opening moments of a scheduled hunt (as you may have heard through the grapevine or from friends) and equally disappointed for those who are unable to check out with wishlist items in time. We are doing our very best to continue to make these gems available repeatedly until demand is met, but to try to help save some disappointment we want to be clear on expectation and offers some tips to keep in mind should you choose to participate.
Many describe our botanical treasure hunts as a rush and exhilarating but it can also be overwhelming and disappointing if you go in unsuspecting. We understand this is not the ideal shopping experience for everybody and have been exploring other options (like developing and introducing our very own CSN Botanical Treasure Lottery system! For more details click here), but due to the popularity of many of our items there is no simple solution.
If you don't happen to snag your wishlist plant(s) don't be discouraged, there will be more opportunities in the future and we will continue to implement product limits to give more people a chance to add to their collections until the "frenzy" settles.
Well, that settles that! That was the long winded version of: Our botanical treasure hunts are fast paced and full of growing gems!
But don't stop reading now or you'll miss out on the good stuff! To find out some key tips to help develop your botanical treasure hunting strategy and get informed keep on going...
The best approach to a botanical treasure hunt is to have a game plan so here are some key factors to consider when devising your plan of attack! I'll make this bullet form so it's easier to take notes...
- Knowledge is power.
- Ok, maybe a little dramatic, but we certainly encourage you to become informed consumers. Navigate through our website and get to know our policies so you know what we offer and what we don't when you place an order with us. You'll find all the important links in our Footer at the bottom of this page not to mention most questions are answered on our FAQ page here
- Items in your cart are NOT reserved until checked out and paid for.
- It's silly, I know. In the real world, you'd have to be pretty bold to walk up to somebody's cart and snag it from within the safe zone, but this isn't a feature that is easily fixed as both my parents barely know where the period is on a keyboard and I went to school for something very unrelated to computer coding.
- Again to be very clear: Items can still sell out while in your cart, the only way to truly secure item(s) in your cart is to check out and process payment.
- Create an account with us/Review your account details
- You don't have to have an account with us to place an order, but having one could potentially expedite your check out process as your personal information should already be entered and payment info is all that's left to do. To create an account click here.
- If you already have an account, make sure you review your account details prior to the hunt. Update your current/default address or remove duplicate/incorrect addresses to avoid address errors or any other mishap that could affect your service after your order is placed.
- Make a botanical treasure hunting map!
- Save yourself some valuable time but creating your wishlist prior to the restock going live.
- The day before the botanical treasure hunt goes live and leading up to it, you'll be able to preview products that will be available and their photos on our website. The price and add to cart button will be suspended while we prepare for the hunt, but this way you can create your very own, personalized botanical treasure hunting map!
- *Whispers* Two words: Search bar.
- There is a search function built into our website that could save you precious time (depending on what you're hunting for).
- Look for the search bar located at the top of our website.
- Product Limits Exist!
- Product limits are there to deter resellers and give you a chance to claim a gem for your collection, but they can slow you down if you're not careful.
- If the product has a product limit set it will be indicated in the product page along with specification if the limit is 1 or 2 for that particular product. If you somehow add more than the indicated number to your cart, you will not be allowed to check out until you've corrected your cart quantity.
- If there is no indication, purchase to your heart's content.
- For more details regarding product limits click here
- There are up to 2 different ways to get your order home depending on the time of year and your location. If you come across our website when we have some product available, I would encourage you to add an item to your cart and walk yourself through our checkout process without entering any payment info. This way you can see first hand what your check out options will be and how it will appear. The 3 potential order retrieval methods are:
- Plan on placing multiple orders for shipping or delivery? We can combine them for a reduced processing fee IF they meet the necessary criteria.
- When shipping is available we can combine orders for $10/additional order if they meet the requirements to qualify as an add on order.
- Requirements for "Add-on Order" eligibility for shipping are as follows:
- Current order placed with Canada Wide Flat Rate Shipping fee applied to one of the orders that are to be combined (Usually this is the first order placed)
- Add-on orders are placed under the same account by the same individual and shipped/delivered to the same address.
- Previous order has not yet been prepared and processed for shipping or delivery
- Some items may not be available for shipping due to the nature of the plant or size.
- If you require shipping for your order, keep an eye out for items indicated that they are unavailable to ship or are available for pick up or delivery only, so you know not to add them to cart and potentially get stuck when checking out.
- Have your method of payment ready!
- We accept our Gift cards, Mastercard, Visa, Mastercarddebit and Visadebit as eligible payment methods through our website. *Standard debit cards cannot be accepted online
- Take the road less travelled
- Steer clear of the trending plants and give the underdogs a chance.
- There is generally a buzz for certain plants, but we've got so many different gems looking to find new homes, each is special in their own way. You'll also greatly increase your odds of making it to the checkout with your cart unscathed...
- Treat it like a game
- You win some, you lose some. You may secure one or more of your wish list items and come out feeling like a winner and you may not, but at the end of the day as long as your heart's still beating and lungs' are still breathing; life is good.
- We plan to have regular botanical treasure hunts and other events throughout the year so there will be more chances in store for you, not to mention there will be something new each time.
Treasure Hunt Day
On the day of the hunt, there are a few key items to note:
- Timezone Reminder
- Remember all of the times we announce our in eastern standard time. If you live in a different time zone, make sure to account for this
- Go time/Hunt day
- The site may periodically go down leading up to the hunt, but updates have been made so that all previews of product can be down via the website!
- When it is time for the Botanical Treasure Hunt to begin, just refresh your browsers to view the "add to cart" button and pricing on our products.
- Checking out Errors
- Exceeding set product limits or sold out product can prompt check out errors.
- Should an item sell out before you make it through the check out, you will be notified and the item should be removed from your cart.
- If you are over a product limit, you will be required to adjust your cart quantity to check out.
- If we had more to offer, we would have listed it, so unfortunately there is not much more we can do for you at this point. You'll have to decide at this point to continue with your order to secure what is left in your cart, try to go back for something different, or try again another time.
The hunt is over and you can finally sigh a breath of relief! Our hope is, whether or not your list is complete, that you were able to secure some botanical treasures to look forward to. But there are still a few things to do and know after placing your order:
- Check your email!
- Immediately/shortly after successfully placing an order in queue you should receive a confirmation email with your order details. If you do not see this email, check your junk mail. If you still do not see this email reach out to us, so we can look into your order/account and ensure you receive other important updates regarding your order down the road.
- Review your order details
- It can be a bit of a frenzy when checking out and mistakes can happen so to avoid any extra processing delays or added fees double/triple check your order details! Some key details to review:
- Address (Incorrect and/or incomplete shipping/delivery info can result in additional shipping charges)
- If shipping or delivery is required to a storefront you must include the business name
- Unit numbers and Buzzer codes are also required for shipping/delivery if you have one!
- No P.O boxes, you must provide the address of a physical address for delivery
- If you happen to notice you didn't select the right shipping method just send us an email and I can help get this sorted so your order can ship when it is time.
- Special order requests or Shipping requests
- Not all special requests can be accomodated, however you can email your requests prior to placing your order to determine if it is possible.
- Orders will be shipped out using a method with an estimated transit time of 4 days or less by default. If your location does not have this option available or you are located in a rural location resulting in premium delivery rates, you will be contacted with your options to move forward with your order.
- Be patient
- I know after such a rush, you'll be excited to meet your new CSN gems, but we receive an overwhelming number of orders during these restocks. Several factors affect our lead times including but not limited to limited staff, limited shipping days, weather delays and other causes. But the most contributing factor is the care that is put into preparing EVERY order; this isn't a step we are willing to sacrifice.
- We receive a volume of orders during our hunts and are a small team processing them. Our goal is to process all orders placed during a botanical treasure hunt within 2-3 weeks, however require and appreciate your patience in the event of any additional unexpected delays. Regardless, you can rest assured your order is in good hands until we can get it out to you.
- Got an inquiry or concern?
- Send me an email, but be patient for a response. I'm the only one who answers ALL of our email and social media communications. I'll get back to you as soon as I possibly can, it just might take a little bit of time before I get to you.
Well there you have it! The ultimate botanical treasure hunting guide!
Happy botanical treasure hunting,